My mission is to provide a positive learning community for both my students and myself every day in every way. I believe each of my students is an individual and has a right to have their needs met academically, socially and emotionally, to the best of my ability. In this class we are proud to do our best every day and in every way!



Monday, July 11, 2011

Goodbye First Grade...Hello Fourth Grade!

As most of you know my now I have a new teaching assignment next year! I will be teaching fourth grade! I have absolutely loved my 13 years in first grade and yet I have a very good feeling about this fourth grade teaching opportunity. Here's a little personal back story...
When I was little I did not like school...I really did not like it! I had problems in class and thought I was dumb. I did not want to be there and literally made myself sick to avoid going to school. When I was in fourth grade I moved schools and had a teacher that for some reason believed in me. I don't know how or why he did but I can tell you he changed my life. I can't say that I magically did wonderful in school but I can tell you I never again hated going there. A teacher did that for me and I never forgot that - I hope that I too can make a difference in how my students feel about going to school.

1 comment:

  1. Caroline truly enjoyed having you in 1st grade and we can only hope that Matthew will have the pleasure in 4th! Congrats and good luck in this new adventure--may you enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete