My mission is to provide a positive learning community for both my students and myself every day in every way. I believe each of my students is an individual and has a right to have their needs met academically, socially and emotionally, to the best of my ability. In this class we are proud to do our best every day and in every way!



Monday, September 20, 2010

Geocaching For Family Fun & Writer's Workshop Ideas!

I wanted to share a fun idea for an activity to do with your family and friends. It's called Geocaching- you go on real life treasure hunts as near to your home or as far away as you choose. First you go to the online site and put in an area to hunt a zip code or address. Then a list of coordinates will appear - choose one (or a few!) and imput the coordinates into a GPS device or GPS enabled phone and then go treasure hunting! My daughter and her friends treasure hunted at college and they had a blast! Give it a try and let me know how it goes...

What great material your child will have when they sit to write their stories during Writer's Workshop!
Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment